Wyn Vogel - Curator and Artist
As the Leader of the Australian Watercolour Delegation during the last 5 years 2018/19/20/21 and now 2022 for the amazing - Meet-up of Artists from over 80 Countries @ FabrianoInAcquarello - Italy I always feel some demand to create something unique and the same goes for this years entry for the 'Australian Watercolour Muster' 🌞 !!
Inspiration for me involves travel to far flung places, enjoying exploring hidden corners of the earth..... the travel with FabrianoInAcquarello - Italy, .....which we are planning to take you all to...... and my Workshops in France have given me these great moments, meeting locals on the ground, especially artists from different countries is different to being a tourist. We get to go to their local coffee shops and they show us their favourite spots!
In Fabriano - Italy the little town packs out, with chat in 80 different languages, lots of laughs, demonstrations from wonderful inspiring 'Master' artists and a great trade show........... I recommend you don't bring your credit card as you will max it out!
I've been to China and back, in the middle of all this - for the 6th Silk Road International Arts Festival 2019. Exhibition Work were shipped and my paints and brushes, packed to take up the invitation to demonstrate my techniques in Xi'an China and showcase my Watercolour Work - until the 11th October 2019 - but coming home to my Studio is magic!
- For the last 2 1/2 years I have been really happy to have an amazing space to share with Artists from all over Australia and internationally visit me on the web >>> https://www.fishlanestudios.com in Brisbane Australia
- The most amazing and exciting thing that has happened over the last 3 years is the evolution of our Australian Watercolour Muster -
- with the inaugural Event 2019, held in the Penthouse of the Emporium Hotel South Bank - Brisbane - thanks to Fran and Tony Johns amazing patronage and generosity and the hard work and support of the best colleague - Jenny Loveday.
- 2020 - because of Covid - we held a virtual Event - awarding '4 of our Best in Muster' a Solo Exhibition in the Fish Lane Studios to make up for not being able to take them to Italy and/or a full Exhibition.
- 2021 - An Amazing - Exhibition in The Old Courthouse Cairns - thanks to the support of our Sponsors and the Cairns Regional Council - thanks to Chris Stannard and his team - NOTE | We are now booked for a return event with our Australian Watercolour Muster - Biennale with the Opening Night to be - 8th September 2023 🌞 please put this in your diary!
- 2022 - Just as amazing - we are bringing the images from this 2021 Exhibition in Cairns - to you in Victoria -
You're welcome to explore more -
Please Contact us if you would like more information !